OK, so in case you couldn't already tell, I've got a case of the Februarys.
So to kill time, I thought I'd rummage through the memories I have in each city I have visited in the last few years and rate them based on five categories.
1. Arts & Culture -- what the city has to offer in terms of history, entertainment and fun.
2. Food -- not so much the quality of restaurants the city has...this is more about the city's indigenous food.
3. Mass Transportation -- yeah, I'm a train geek but when visiting cities, mass transit is a crucial component.
4. Look & Feel -- Architecture, water views, the city layout and pretty much the feeling I get from being in the city.
5. Overall -- how each category comes together in creating my overall opinion of a city.
I'll admit, I haven't been to as many cities as I would like. I'm still waiting to visit such gems as Paris, Tokyo, London, Barcelona, Seattle, Chicago and San Diego. But I also do think of myself as being pretty well traveled, having visited Rome, Athens, Florence, Venice, Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Los Angeles, New Orleans and Boston.
So obviously I am only going to review cities that I've visited. And as I visit more, I'll add them to my list. I'll try to add a city every week or so, as I have the time.
So in the meantime, enjoy! And feel free to let me know what you think.