Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Well...they ARE the Orioles...

I just wanted to get a quick entry off before the inevitable happens and the Orioles lose a depressing game in which they had the lead 5-1 behind a masterful 8 IP, 4 H, 0 BB, 6 K performance by Brad Bergesen before Jason Johnson and George Sherrill proceeded to piss it away with a 2-run home run to Kevin Youkilis and 4 walks that contributed to the Red Sox tying up the score 5-5 in the 9th.

The game is in the top of the 11th inning right now, and the Red Sox have a runner on third with 1 out. So I know the Orioles are going to lose. They wore those rally caps out last night. They will not come back tonight.

So I leave you with this: How long will the Orioles continue to erase every positive step they make? One huge comeback win last night, one huge comeback loss today.

Ying and Yang.

It almost makes me want to close down the Bad Oriole and free myself from this frustratingly bad baseball team.

Almost.

No comments: