Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's official


There was an added insult to the 10-0 loss the Orioles suffered in Boston last night.

It officially cemented the Orioles' 12th consecutive losing season.

It's nothing that we didn't know for the last month, but now that it's official, that doesn't mean that it sucks any less.

I am 30 years old. The last time the Orioles were any good was my senior year in high school.

The Orioles make me feel old.

Have no fear, though. Pittsburgh set the MLB record with their 17th consecutive losing season the night before. It's the longest losing streak in any of the major sports leagues.

I wonder who will have a winning record sooner -- the Orioles or the Pirates?

At any rate, my expectations for 2010 are being lowered the more I write, so I'll stop here.

No comments: