Monday, July 25, 2011

It's July 25th. Do you know how many losses your Orioles have?

I won't blame you if you don't know the answer. I had to look it up myself.

That would be 58.

58 losses on July 25th.

Do you know what the average number of losses the AL East Champs have had over the last 13 years?

63.

The Orioles will have that many within a week's time. They're on pace for a 64-98 record, worse than last year's record, which at one point was on pace to set a record for futility in the modern area. I also doubt there will be another Late Season Buck Miracle in August and September. Whatever magic Buck had when he took over the team last year as run out.

58 losses.

I know it's not rocket science we're talking here, or any analytical stats that provide a wealth of information. But it's just another reminder of how bad the Orioles are -- and how far they have to go to contend in the AL East.

No comments: